- 1 whole wheat tortilla OR 2 corn tortillas will make this recipe GF!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red or similar sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 T butter
- 2-3 T of your favorite salsa (I love Desert Pepper’s Corn Salsa–WHICH I just noticed won the 2012 Foodie Clean Eating award!! Extremely well-deserved)
- 1 1/2 T sour cream
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pickled jalapeños to garnish (mine are OF COURSE from Marination–the very same pickled peppers I photographed and are now Marination’s FB page photo)
In a pan over medium heat, melt your butter and cook onion and pepper until onion is slightly opaque. Meanwhile, beat your eggs until they resembled a fairly bubbly, yellow consistency, and then add to your onion and pepper mix. Make sure to continuously move and scramble until little to no liquid is left. Dress your tortilla with sour cream, tomato, peppers, and salsa. Top with the egg mixture, tuck in the ends and roll closed. Enjoy with additional hot sauce if desired (I love a healthy heap of Cholula Hot Sauce, personally–it’s fairly mild but extremely flavorful). I double the recipe so that I can keep leftover eggs in the fridge for the next day’s breakfast. That makes this recipe DOUBLY fast.