|My weekend via Instagram|
White Bean & Kielbasa Stew
(Recipe from Real Simple Magazine)
- 1 lb dried white beans (or for a quick version 1 can white beans–see * at bottom of method)
- 14 oz. kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 t rosemary, chopped
- 5-7 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 c water (for use with dry beans only)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2-5 healthy dashes of hot sauce
Prepare all the ingredients but the spinach for your slow cooker. Combine the beans, broth, garlic, kielbasa, onion, rosemary, tomatoes (with juices), and water into your slow cooker and cook either 6-7 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low. Place a handful of spinach in your serving bowl and cover with your yummy hot kielbasa stew and serve with some bread (GF or not), buttered on the side.
*If you are using canned beans, you should be able to cut the cook time down to 2-3 hours.