It’s time for another round of Foodie Questions answered by some lovely food fans. Today I have answers from Jenn of The Elsewhere Blog. Little known fact: she’s a ROCKING karaoke singer! She’s been doing it from a young age, and is never afraid to jump up and belt out a ballad or sing a duet–she’s an absolute hoot 🙂
|Photo courtesy of Motormouth Studios|
1. What is one kitchen trick you know and use that you don’t think many others know about? Probably knife skills. The proper way to efficiently cut fruits, veggies, and trim meat.
2. What is your most used kitchen tool? My santoku knife and or my le Creuset dutch oven.
3. What kitchen item can you not keep on your shelves long enough? Olive oil
4. What is a kitchen faux pas in your house? Putting the knives in the dishwasher!
5. What’s your hangover meal cure (could be cure-all if you don’t consume alcohol)? Fountain Coca Cola and a greasy breakfast.
6. What foods wouldn’t you touch as a kid that you can’t get enough of now? My tastes have stayed pretty similar, but I tolerate some spice better now. I like a little heat but not jalapeños and such. Spice heat is ok.
7. What food or type of cuisine do you feel needs to be back in the food spotlight? I love one pot meals!
8. What kitchen tool or food item is overrated in your opinion? Food item is bacon… I am just so over everyone’s addiction to anything that contains bacon. Yeah it’s good, but it doesn’t make everything better!
9. Where is your favorite place to purchase kitchen accessories? If I had tons of money… Sur La Table, but I find lots of stuff at TJ Maxx actually!
10. What piece of advice do you have for anyone wanting to learn to cook? Learn the basics first and build on that. Learning to cook is not following a recipe, it’s understanding how (different) food cooks.