Now that Portland’s biggest weekend of Feasting at Feast is over with, it’s time for a diet. If you’re like me and ate your weight every day this last weekend (btw congrats on the new addition, to the tune of 5lb), consider some of these dietary changes to fit your fine self back into that little black dress you benched after reserving it for Feast’s High Comfort.
8 Dietary Changes To Help Combat That FEAST Weight Gain
- Whole 30 – The ever-popular diet, the Whole 30 plan will help cut Feast weight without having to count calories. This diet will make you miss the simpler things in life (like honey), but for those of us that religiously overate this past weekend, this may be your only hope. 😉
- Spicy Food – Sweat it. A method we use–add more cayenne, chili powder, and hot sauce to your meals.
- Eat a Real Breakfast – For the next month, make it a priority to eat a real breakfast every morning. Whether it’s eggs, protein shake, or power bars, do your best to get a solid dose of protein right off the bat. Stay away from bready, carby options because you’ll burn through the calories and be hungry well before lunch (thus usually resulting in Snack City at your desk–rarely ends well).
- Paleo or Vegetarian – Limit life to the simpler things. Whether you are a meat-lover or ok with going green, try it for a solid month. Ok–or perhaps for 2 out of the 3 meals of the day? My rule is if I stick to it for all 3 meals I reward myself with a pint….of ice cream….or beer (just kidding!)
- Limited Portion Sizes – Did you know that just limiting your portions a little better can help you lose weight? Don’t eat with your eyes so much; then watch your waistline shrink.
- Water Cleanse – No one drinks enough water. Your body needs it to keep things moving. Remember that since most of Feast was outdoors, you’re likely already dehydrated. Increase your water intake, and you will unknowingly flush out things that don’t need to stick around.
- Booze-Free Month – If you’re really not joking around, perhaps omitting alcohol from your diet is the biggest change you can make to shed the pounds. Beer is especially high in calories, and going without sugary cocktails is sure to add up after a month’s time!
- Eat In – Yes, I’m aware you’ve just imbibed and ingested all that Portland (and other amazing cities) have to offer. Dial it down for a month and eat in. Will it hurt? Maybe, but while you may have tried to do everything in moderation this last weekend, it’s unlikely you were successful (sorry!). A month of eating in and reflecting on how magical this Feast weekend was will help you lose those last few stubborn pounds. Just remember, it’s going going to be bigger and better next year!!